After getting their new hardwood floors installed, one of the first questions that the homeowners usually will ask is how to properly maintain their hardwood floors. We admit, it’s not an easy task. Here are few tips how to properly maintain your floors so they will last decades:
* Any substance spilled on the hardwood floors needs to be wiped immediately in order to prevent future buckling and dryness to the spot where the spill occurred. Remember, water and hardwood floors do not work together well!
* The floors need to be moped or vacuumed at least ones a week or more frequent. Soft vacuum head (or soft brash attached to a vacuum head) is preferable. As for mopping, a special mop can be found in various hardware or hardwood flooring stores in Toronto. AVOID USING WATER! There are many cleaning solutions for hardwood floors!
* Furniture legs should be protected with the soft pads in order to prevent any scratches or severe damage due to the furniture weight or shifting.
* It is a good idea to use rugs in a high traffic area, around the kitchen sink or near the front door of your residence.
* If you decided to move your furniture, make sure you are not dragging it again the floor. The top layer could be scratch. (Lift the furniture or place soft material under the furniture in order to prevent any floor damage)
By following these simple steps, your hardwood floor should look brand new all the time and last for the decades it should last! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply.
Parqueteam Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood Flooring Toronto and The Greater Toronto Area.
Areas We Proudly Serving:
Ajax, Aurora, Brampton, Burlington Cambridge, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Markham, Maple, Mississauga, Milton, Newmarket, North-York, Oshawa, Oakville, Pickering, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Toronto, Thornhill, Vaughan, Woodbridge